The Law and Mediation Offices of Tara Scott
280 South Beverly Drive, Suite 205
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Throughout my career, which included 14 years at one of Los Angeles’ preeminent family law firms, I have participated in a wide spectrum of family law matters, including contested multi-million dollar estates and fierce custody battles. My practice has been devoted exclusively to family law since I started my legal career out of law school. During that time, I have represented a wide range of clients, from famous entertainers and athletes to corporate/business executives, to stay at home parents. I have extensive experience in handling all issues that arise incident to a divorce. I have seen firsthand the mental and emotional toll that litigation can have on everyone involved. My experience has given me keen insight and enabled me to determine that there is, indeed, another way.
Capitalizing on my Masters Degree in dispute resolution from the Straus Institute at Pepperdine University, which I obtained concurrently with my Juris Doctorate in 2001, I pride myself on assisting people (and often times both parties) in finding solutions. I cut off the underlying psychological currents that often times detract family law participants from making true progress by focusing on and getting the participants to understand the bigger picture.
• Loyola Marymount University, B.A. History, 1998
• Pepperdine University, J.D., 2001
• Pepperdine University, Master of Dispute Resolution 2001
• California Bar, Admitted 2001
• Named to 2017-2018 Super Lawyers: Super Lawyers Top Rated Family Law Attorney
• Named Super Lawyers Rising Star 2007-2016: Up and Coming 100: 2016 Southern California Rising Stars List
• Up and Coming 50: 2016 Women Southern California Rising Stars List
• Second Saturday Divorce Workshop
• Custody XChange: 7 Often Overlooked Provisions to Include in Your Parenting Plan
• CreditCards.com: Can a prenup or postnup save you from a spouse's debt?
• L.A. Parent: A Divorce Lawyer's Tips for Parenting Through Kid Conflict
• MSN/Glamour Magazine: Sorry, We Are Not Breaking Up!
• USA Today: Smart financial moves for non-married couples